The IPL fever is on and we, at Cricket Betting Tips , know very well that just like any other IPL season, this season is also going to be all exciting and super-fun. The IPL season brings its own charm every time, with every season. What say?
And so, we present to you some amazing facts that you are little aware of about IPL. Curious? Let’s get started right away.
7 IPL Facts That Are Next to Unbelievable
1) Virat Kohli has been successful in being a part of three double century partnerships
Yes, you read that right! Virat Kohli, an outstanding Indian batsman has indeed become an element of fear among his opponents particularly when he is on the chasing side. However, Kohli has been successful in being a part of three solid double century partnerships in the history of IPL. The three double century partnerships were in 2012 against Delhi Daredevils with Chris Gayle; in 2015 against Mumbai Indians and in 2016 against Gujarat Lions, both with AB de Villiers.
2) Did you know? Harbhajan Singh has the most ducks to his name
Harbhajan Singh, a classic off-spinner has a record of 13 ducks to his name, which he shares with Parthiv Patel. For nine consecutive seasons, Harbhajan Singh was a part of Mumbai Indians and was later let down by Mumbai Indians during the 10th IPL auction.
3) Royal Challengers Bangalore has both the highest and lowest total in IPL
Royal Challengers have been a powerful yet unbalanced team and hence, records both the highest and lowest total in IPL. In the year 2013, RCB scored a total of 263/5 against Pune Warriors, thanks to Chris Gayle’s fantastic 175-run score. Later in the year 2017, the team was stumped by Kolkata Knight Riders at a measly 49 runs.
4) Till date, only two Indians who have won the MVP Award
Only two Indian players have been successful in winning the Most Valuable Player title in IPL, till date. Sachin Tendulkar was the first and Virat Kohli was the second. To elaborate, Sachin Tendulkar scored 618 runs for Mumbai Indians in the 2010 IPL season and was also an Orange Cap winner. Virat Kohli on the other scored 973 runs in the eighth IPL season.
5) The broadcasting rights of 2018 was sold at a whopping rate
The broadcasting rights of IPL 2018 was sold at Rs 16347.5 crore to Star India Network. This meant that the cost of 1 ball was approximately Rs 21 lakhs.
6) 386 overs with no no-balls
Piyush Chawla, one of the popular spinners of the Indian cricket team did not bowl a single no-bowl for 386 overs. For eight solid years, he bowled in the most disciplined way.
7) There have been only three overseas players who have played more than 130 matches
AB de Villiers (154), Kieron Pollard (148), and Dwayne Bravo (134) are the only two overseas players who have played more than 130 matches in all of IPL.
Other mind blowing IPL facts you never knew
IPL is one of the best-loved cricket leagues enjoyed by all the cricket fanatics worldwide. And so, it is obvious that the amazing facts about IPL are huge in number. Here are fifteen more that are sure to blow your mind. Take a look!
- Delhi Daredevils is the only team that has never played in the IPL final.
- Praveen Kumar has bowled the highest number of dot balls with a record of 1075 dot balls in 119 matches.
- Chennai Super Kings is the only team that has not changed its captain till date.
- Amit Mishra has the record of most hat tricks in the history of IPL.
- In every IPL match, RCB initiates the ‘Go Green’ campaign by wearing green jerseys.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the first Indian player to win the Orange Cap in the IPL.
- Chris Gayle holds:
– the highest record of scoring centuries in IPL
– the record for winning man of the match award the most number of times in IPL
– the record for highest individual score in IPL
– the record for most sixes by a batsman in IPL history
- Kings XI Punjab is the only team that has changed its captain 11 times in 11 seasons.
- Lasith Malinga is the highest wicket-taker in IPL with a record of 154 wickets in 110 matches.
- Chennai Super Kings has a record of the highest winning ratio (60.96%) in IPL with a total of 115 wins.
- Mumbai Indians holds the record for the win with the biggest difference in the history of IPL. Mumbai Indians defeated Delhi Daredevils by 146 runs during the 2017 IPL match.
- Kolkata Knight Riders have the record of most consecutive wins in a single season of IPL.
- IPL is the first cricket tournament wherein four women commentators participated in the commentary in the year 2015.
- Zaheer Khan is the only player who has been a part of the 1st and 500th game of the IPL.
- Brad Hogg is the oldest player in IPL history. He is 45 years old and he played last for Kolkata Knight Riders.
Being Indians, cricket runs in our blood. For some, cricket is their religion and Sachin is God while for the others, cricket is what keeps them going. The game is highly entertaining and fascinating. It features a number of tournaments and leagues thus attracting viewers all around the globe.
IPL is one such league that entices a huge fan base with extreme shots, unbelievable chases, fast-paced action, lucrative betting odds , and a whole lot of Bollywood blitz for a month and a half. So, don’t miss to watch and bet on the IPL season this year and cheer your favourite team to victory. Experience all by yourself as to how it feels to see your favourite team play and win. It is truly breathtaking indeed. Happy watching there!